6 – 12 June
Composition & Harmony
Composition Golden Rules
- The 9 basic daily composition exercises.
- Basic rules for composing.
- Composition of ‘’ standard type songs ’’.
- Rules of intervals for writing good melodies.
- Tonal substitutions, Chromatisms, Convergence system.
- Extended harmony applied to the composition.
- Major and minor harmonies, common harmonic progressions, secondary dominants, modal interchange, modulations.
- All type of chords (functions and chromatisms).
- Note / chord ratio.
- Harmonic parallelism
- Reharmonization of themes and melodies.
- Modal Interchange
Work on Themes
- Coltrane changes
- Forms and integral parts of a theme
- Theme and variations.
- Looped melodies
- Cyclical themes, composition based on ethnic-folk music motifs.
- Low and high pedals.
Trip around the island
After Dinner Gathering
- Shared: Kitchen, Living Rooms. Toilets & Showers and Gardens.
- There are only 2 Private rooms for 1 student each room and 5 Shared Rooms for two students each room.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) – if you have allergies please let us know.
- Tea, coffee, biscuits during sessions
- Airport Transfers – Pick up and drop
- Please apply through email.
- Payment plan can be requested through email.
- Confirmation of the course will be given in a maximum two months before the date of the event or as soon as we get the minimum of students.
- Please feel free to contact us for any questions concerning the course, accommodation or meals through
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 BOOKING POLICY: If you book with us and the retreat is not able to go ahead owing to Covid-19, you will be able to reschedule your stay to another date in 2021 or 2022 without losing your payment. In case you need to cancel due to other circumstances, the normal cancellation policy and terms & conditions apply.